The Ferris Conspiracy Forum
Sign up  |   |   |  Calendar

  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 38      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 971
Reply with quote  #31 


Originally Posted by Admin2

is this you max? Fisherman

Sorry Admin2 no its not me

One of these days.....

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 8,395
Reply with quote  #32 

Scottish Government News

The TRUTH is out there...........

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 1,601
Reply with quote  #33 

The Scotsman

Glasgow Herald

Glasgow Eve. Times

Scottish Daily Record

Judge yourself before judging others.

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #34 

Girl, 14, arrested over murder of 'paedophile' she accused of rape

By Tom Kelly and Stephen Wright
Last updated at 10:42 PM on 26th April 2010

Scales of Justice on top of the Old Bailey, London

'Vigilante' attack? Robert Daley was stabbed to death just days after the CPS ruled there was insufficient evidence to charge him with rape

A girl of 14 is being held over the suspected 'vigilante' murder of a man she had accused of rape.

Builder Robert Daley, 45, was stabbed to death just days after the Crown Prosecution Service ruled there was insufficient evidence to charge him over an alleged sex attack on the girl.

Neighbours found the suspected paedophile sprawled in a pool of blood in the doorway of his flat in south London on Friday evening.

He was able to give his first name to police and paramedics, but died minutes later.

Police arrested an 18-year-old man over the murder on Saturday before detaining the 14-year-old girl late on Sunday.

Sources confirmed that the female suspect is the same girl who had previously accused Daley of raping her.

Her allegations prompted an investigation by a Metropolitan Police child protection team but the CPS, which examined an evidence file, concluded there was insufficient evidence to charge him over the alleged attack.

The decision is said to have infuriated the girl, who insisted she was telling the truth and wanted him to face court.

Last night a neighbour of the victim described the horrifying moment when he saw Daley close to death.

Barry Boreland, who lived next door in the block of flats in Brixton, South London, said: 'The door was open and I saw lying on his back in the landing, his head furthest from the door.

'His legs were flopped out and there was blood everywhere. He was still conscious and managed to tell the police his first name.

'His girlfriend was there and gave his surname. It was a shocking sight and very upsetting.

'He was a decent neighbour who had never caused us any problems.'

Other friends were astonished to discover that he had been accused of rape.

Mr Daley, who is believed to have a daughter from a previous relationship, had worked as builder and plasterer, but had not been employed for several years because he suffered from epilepsy.

Nicholas Walker, who had known him for ten years from the popular Duke of Edinburgh pub near his home, described him as a 'gentle giant.'

He said: 'Robert was a quiet, polite man. He is the last person I would ever thought that something like this would happen to.

'He never caused trouble. I saw him riding his mountain bike near his home a couple of hours before his death and he didn't look like he had a care in the world. It is all a terrible shock.'

Another friend, David Eden, 55, said: 'He was a bit of a ladies' man. He and a friend would go to nightclubs together and fancied themselves a bit with women.

'But there was nothing malicious or nasty about him.  He was very genuine and good natured. I can't believe there was anything in the allegations. It wasn't like him at all.'

The CPS confirmed that Mr Daley was investigated over rape allegations but a decision not to prosecute him because of insufficient evidence was made on April 13.

A post-mortem examination held on Saturday gave cause of death as resulting from stab wounds to the chest.

Scotland Yard confirmed a teenage girl had been arrested in connection with the attack.

An 18-year-old man who was initially arrested in connection with the death has bailed to return in May.

Read more:

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #35 

Murder hunt after masked assassins knife man in heart

A MAN was butchered to death in his home yesterday in a row over drug debts.

Friends said Dennis Parker, 28, was stabbed through the heart by two attackers wearing balaclavas.

Parker was with a pal - who was seriously injured in the attack - when the raiders burst in to his flat in Musselburgh, East Lothian.

It is thought Parker's friend - known as Chalky - stumbled outside to a phone box to call for help shortly after 1am.

Both men were rushed by ambulance to Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, where Parker died.

As detectives and forensics experts launched a murder hunt, pals of the victim claimed drugs were to blame.

One friend said: "Wee Dennis had plenty of enemies. What we're hearing is this is over a debt or a bad deal.

"Dennis wouldn't hurt anybody so he certainly didn't deserve to be murdered. It's all because of drugs and now he's gone."

Neighbours claimed junkies hung around outside Parker's ground-floor flat at all times of day and night.

One woman said: "There seemed to be junkies at his door all the time. But he kept himself quiet and wasn't a problem to anyone else in the street." Postman Alex Coburn, 45, said: "It's very disturbing. It is quite quiet around here and this has come as a shock."

It is understood Parker had lived in the flat overlooking the River Esk for several months and had recently been targeted in a police drugs raid.

The friend added: "Dennis said he was raided a few months ago and had been put on a drug treatment order by the court.

"He was homeless for a while a few years back and drifted around but seemed to have settled down with his flat.

"He was well known in Musselburgh because he'd been here all his life.

"It's a terrible way to go. I heard he'd been stabbed through the heart."

The street, Eskside West, was sealed off by police throughout yesterday as forensics teams gathered evidence from inside the flat and colleagues scoured the old-fashioned red telephone box yards from the front door.

Lothian and Borders Police confirmed officers were called to the flat at around 1.15am and found two people injured.

A spokesman said: "Anyone who was in the area of Eskside West in the early hours of Saturday morning and may have information that could help us is asked to come forward."

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #36 

Boy, 14, 'attacked by teacher with dumbbell was "leading light" behind classroom trouble'

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:27 PM on 27th April 2010

A 14-year-old schoolboy bludgeoned with a metal dumbbell by his teacher was the 'leading light' in trouble in his classroom, a court heard today.

The boy had been in trouble for disrupting classes nine times before he was attacked by science teacher Peter Harvey at All Saints' Roman Catholic School in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, the court was told.

He suffered a fractured skull after the 50-year-old allegedly battered him around the head with a 3kg dumbbell after his lesson descended into 'uproar'.

Peter Harvey

A witness said teacher Peter Harvey acted 'possessed' when he caught up with the boy who had sworn at him

Today, Rex Tedd QC, defending, accused the boy of being a 'leading light' behind trouble in the classroom on July 8 of last year.

Nottingham Crown Court heard that the last thing the boy remembered was swearing at Harvey, who replied: 'I'll teach you to **** off.'

A video of the interview the boy gave to police was shown to the court.

In it, the boy, now 15, is slumped on a sofa wearing blue jeans and a black hooded top. The left side of his face was swollen.

He said: 'I can remember all the class being noisy and rowdy. They were all messing about and there was a girl messing with the blinds. He stamped at her and told her off.

'She swore at him and walked at him and then some other girls left the class because they felt scared.

'He said something to me and I swore at him. He said, "I'll teach you" and swore at me.

'I can remember being dragged out of the classroom and into the corridor.'

Another boy, now 15, witnessed the attack.

In his police interview he said Harvey acted as if 'possessed' when he caught up with the alleged victim.

The witness told police: 'He said, "What are you doing, you stupid boy?" He told him to "**** off" and he got him round the neck.

'Mr Harvey went mad. He gets him by the neck and collar and drags him out of the class. He was unusually scary, it wasn't normal.

'It was like something had possessed him, you could see he wanted to kill him, sort of thing.

'He was dragging him out at such a rate and pulled him across the corridor. He was so angry it was like he had an extra power to do it.

'(He) is a small boy but he isn't weak or feeble, but Mr Harvey was manhandling him out of the door.'

Recalling the attack with the dumbbell, the witness added: 'He was just striking him with it and was just saying "die, die, die". (He) was on his heels leaning back.

'Blood was pouring out of his face. I thought he was dead. His eyes were open and I thought he was dead.

'He (Harvey) came out looking calm, like he hadn't done anything. A teacher had his arm around him.'

Harvey had worked at All Saints' Roman Catholic School in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, for 16 years.

But he had been off work for four months with stress and depression after confiding to a colleague he 'could not be trusted' and might 'harm someone'.

Earlier the court heard the boy attacked by Harvey had been at the school for three years.

That day he had been typing up his English coursework on a computer before his science lesson with Mr Harvey.

The teacher had planned to do an experiment with the class but due to bad behaviour had asked them to copy out material from text books.

Rex Tedd QC, defending, put it to the victim that he regularly disrupted lessons.

Mr Tedd said: 'On nine occasions in the last year you deliberately disrupted the teaching of your class. Can you remember anything about that?'

'No,' replied the boy.

'My suggestion is that you were a leading light in the trouble in that took place in that class.'

'No,' repeated the teenager.

The barrister said: 'You're saying you cannot remember any of the trouble that took place in that classroom?'

'No,' the boy said.

Mr Tedd also put it to one of the youngsters in the class, who had earlier told how he tried to drag Harvey off the boy, that pupils would secretly film teachers as the youngsters tried to wind them up.

The footage would then be shown around the school to humiliate the teachers, the barrister said.

He said: 'The main point of it, what was so amusing, was that the teacher would be provoked into making a fool of himself.'

The boy, now 15, replied: 'From time to time, that was the point of it.'

Judge Michael Stokes QC, the Recorder of Nottingham, asked the same boy: 'Can you explain to the jury what's funny about winding up a teacher who has been off ill?'

The boy replied: 'There was nothing funny about him. What was funny was we were just having a good time with our friends.'

Read more:



Admin says: When I first read this news story yesterday, my initial reaction was one of sympathy for the teacher. Whilst I don't condone a teacher showing violence towards the pupils in their care, I do think that teachers have to put up with a hell of a lot of rude, cheeky and downright nasty kids. I remember what I did to teachers at school - if winding a teacher up made a triple maths lesson easier to bear, then we did it. I'm actually surprised that the news isn't full of stories of teachers breaking under the pressure. And then, lo and behold, today's news - the boy who received the beating at the hands of his teacher WAS A KNOWN TROUBLE MAKER. Imagine that eh?

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #37 
I know there's a witty quip in me somewhere over this story...

Surgeon who removed patient's testicle 'by mistake' is struck off

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 1:50 PM on 27th April 2010

Dr Sulieman Al Hourani

Dr Sulieman Al Hourani, who 'mistakenly' removed a whole testicle of a patient, has been struck off

A surgeon who cut off a patient's testicle by mistake was struck off the medical register today.

Dr Sulieman Al Hourani was supposed to take out a cyst on the patient's right testis but instead he removed the whole testicle.

The man, known only as patient A, had gone into Fairfield General Hospital in Bury, Greater Manchester, for the operation in September 2007.

He was the first patient of the day and his medical notes made it 'perfectly clear' the procedure was to be 'excision of right epididymal cyst', a disciplinary hearing was told.

The blunder happened when a nurse helping the locum surgeon turned her back and Dr Al Hourani removed the testicle.

Dr Al Hourani was found guilty of misconduct by a General Medical Council (GMC) fitness to practise panel in his absence after he returned to his homeland of Jordan and refused to engage in the proceedings.

More than a year earlier in August 2006, he had injected two milligrams (mg) of midazolam, a powerful sedative drug, into himself which was intended for a patient. He was on call at the hospital and was the most senior surgeon on duty at the time.

Hospital staff said the doctor appeared unsteady on his feet, bumped into boxes, held on to a wall and was 'weaving' down the corridor.

He was later found in the doctors' mess room 'deeply asleep' and taken in a wheelchair to A&E.

Dr Al Hourani was issued with a final warning over that incident but was eventually dismissed by his employers, Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust, in October 2007 over allegations he stole two boxes of dihydrocodeine tablets from a ward treatment room.

 Fairfield General Hospital

The surgery took place in Fairfield General Hospital in Bury, Greater Manchester

In its ruling, the panel stated: 'The panel is of the opinion that a period of conditional registration would not adequately reflect the serious nature of Dr Al Hourani's misconduct.

'The panel notes that Dr Al Hourani has not engaged with the GMC to date and considers that this demonstrates a lack of insight on his part that would make it unlikely that he would comply with any conditions imposed.'

The panel, sitting in Manchester, added it was 'deeply concerned' about the August 2006 incident in which he 'showed reckless disregard for patient safety by injecting himself with 2mg of a patient's midazolam.

'It notes that although Dr Al Hourani had received a final warning after this incident, over a year later he stole two boxes of dihydrocodeine, a narcotic,' the panel continued.

'The panel is of the opinion that this demonstrates a lack of insight on Dr Al Hourani's part and does not give the panel any confidence that such behaviour would not be repeated.

'This lack of insight is further demonstrated by his failure to engage with the GMC.

'Although Dr Al Hourani was charged with a single instance of dishonesty, the panel considers the nature of the dishonesty very serious and, combined with the other charges found proved, his behaviour put patients at risk and jeopardised public trust in the profession.'

Read more:

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #38 

'I'll hunt you down and kill you': Rapist's chilling threat to victims as he is jailed indefinitely for 'sadistic' attacks

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 7:40 AM on 27th April 2010 

Jason Savage

Dangerous: Jason Savage, 26, was jailed indefinitely for raping three women and battering former girlfriends during a five-year campaign of abuse

One of the UK's 'most dangerous' domestic violence offenders has been jailed indefinitely after waging a five-year campaign of abuse on his terrified victims.

Control freak Jason Savage, 26, hospitalised two girlfriends with brutal assaults and raped and battered three women he met in nightclubs between 2004 and 2009.

The former boxer, who ran his own scaffolding business, told his victims he would 'hunt them down and kill them' after he was sentenced at Hull Crown Court yesterday.

The court heard he poured boiling water over one of his girlfriends when she was six months pregnant with his child, leaving her scarred for life.

Two weeks before she gave birth, Savage attacked her again, stamping on her face when she told him she was leaving him.

Both of his girlfriends, who cannot be named for legal reasons, suffered fractured cheek bones, serious head injuries and broken teeth in shocking attacks while they were with him.

Described as 'cold, calculating and sadistic', Savage has shown no remorse towards his victims.

In January, a jury unanimously found him guilty of three counts of rape, three counts of causing grievous bodily harm, two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and one indecent assault.

Judge Roger Thorn QC sentenced him to an indeterminate prison sentence and defied anyone not to be deeply disturbed by the attacks.

He said: 'In a psychiatric report, you are described as cold, calculating, sadistic and narcissistic and have a feeling of entitlement to sexual gratification. You are considered a very dangerous young man.

'As a child you liked violent video games and fractured your wrist playing these games.

'Your wholly chaotic lifestyle involved running several girlfriends at the same time. Psychiatric reports, together with no remorse, make him a very dangerous young man, who has possible signs of a severe personality disorder.'

Patrick Palmer, prosecuting, told the court that Savage - who had previous convictions for affray and battery, common assault and driving offences - raped two women and a teenage girl during his reign of terror.

Savage told his girlfriends they needed to lose weight and forced them to run around the block, sometimes only wearing their underwear as he chased them in his car.

He also timed them running up the stairs and attacked them if they were not quick enough. One girlfriend was even made to write lists of how she could improve herself for him.

The sickening attacks only came to an end when one of his girlfriends found the courage to tell police last July.

Savage, who has been ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for life, claimed he was the victim of violence as a 'battered boyfriend'.

John Thackray, mitigating, said: 'This is one of those cases where the defendant maintains his position in relation to his charges so I can say very little on his behalf.'

Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Constable Shelly Kulec said: 'He is the most dangerous offender I have ever dealth with, because at no point has he showed any remorse for what he has done and in his mind he has done nothing wrong which is severely worrying.

'There has been no admission, I have no idea whether he will eventually admit his crimes or not but he will have to admit his crimes before he can be considered for release.'

One of his victims said after his trial in January Savage would have killed someone if he had not been stopped.

She said: 'The words "control freak" sum him up. That's exactly what he was and we would have ended up dead.

'When he was not acting like an animal he was charming. I don't think he will ever change.

'He used to tell me I was "lucky" to be with him. I still wake up in the night and have nightmares about what happened.'

Read more:




Admin says: Some people are alive simply because it is illegal to kill them.

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #39 

Motorist walks into police station to report vandalism... but is told to phone call centre

By Chris Brooke
Last updated at 6:53 PM on 27th April 2010

When vandals damaged Andy Bevan's car he thought he was doing the sensible thing by visiting his local police station to report the crime.

But to his astonishment the retired industrial chemist was told he could not report the crime in person, but had to call them instead.

A community support officer handed Mr Bevan, 57, a card and asked him to telephone the number on it.

Andy Bevan outside Hessle police station, near Hull, where he tried to report vandalism to his car but was told he would have to phone the police

Dumbfounded: Andy Bevan outside Hessle police station, near Hull, where he tried to report vandalism to his car but was told he would have to phone the police

The matter took another bizarre twist when Mr Bevan duly stepped outside to use his mobile phone and an officer came out to tell him he could use a phone inside the station to contact the command centre.

Mr Bevan was understandably left dumbfounded by his treatment at the hands of Humberside Police and labelled the force's attitude as 'ridiculous'.

He said he only visited Peeler House in Hessle, near Hull, in person after his tyres were damaged because he wanted the culprits caught and wasn't concerned about getting a crime number to claim on insurance.

However, his helpful approach was given the brush off.

He said: 'I told the PCSO at the counter my car was vandalised last night. He said the words to the effect: "Have you rung?"

'I said I'd just popped in to report it, and he said, "You can't just pop in, you have to ring."

'I said it was absolutely outrageous and if I saw bank robbers going into a bank couldn't I come in and tell them that it was happening? They said that was different as it was a crime in progress.

'He said you have to ring in and gave me a card and that was it. He wasn't being officious - in fact I'd give him 10 out of 10 for bedside manner.

'But I just think it's ridiculous that you can't report a crime in a police station - end of story.'

Mr Bevan was then told he could use the telephone inside the police station to report the crime

Curiouser and curiouser: Mr Bevan was then told he could use the telephone inside the police station to report the crime

He added:'I haven't claimed on the insurance. I actually wanted someone to be caught and punished but I don't think it's the police's remit any more.'

Humberside Police today failed to clarify whether the desk officer had blundered, although they insisted crimes could be reported in person or by telephone.

Chief Superintendent Paul Davidson said: 'If a person wants to speak to an officer within a police station instead of the command centre or arrange a suitable time in which to take a statement, we can provide that facility.

'If this gentleman was not satisfied with the service he received, I would like to apologise to him and invite him to discuss the matter with me personally so we can reach a satisfactory outcome.'

The incident comes just weeks after a shopkeeper stopped a policeman, working from the same station, in the street to ask for help in catching two teenage thieves he was chasing and was told to 'ring the police'.

Graham Taylor, 50, chased the offenders who had stolen spirits from his newsagents and attempted to follow them in his car. He stopped an officer in a marked patrol car who then told him 'you had better call the police' instead of giving chase himself.

Mr Taylor then rang 999. However, the officers assigned to deal with the crime missed the radio call because they were celebrating at a colleague's retirement party.

Read more:


I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #40 

Parents of Madeleine McCann tell five-year-old twins how their older sister was 'taken'

By Andy Dolan
Last updated at 5:39 PM on 28th April 2010

The parents of Madeleine McCann have told how they tried to 'gently' explain their daughter's disappearance to their younger twins.

Gerry and Kate McCann said five-year-olds Sean and Amelie were old enough now to know something was wrong in the family, and Mrs McCann said they were asking questions that needed to be answered.

She told GMTV's Lorraine Kelly: 'I think it was last year Amelie asked me, "Has Madeleine run away?"... and she said "because it's not nice to run away".

Disappointed: Gerry and Kate McCann believe police should be doing more to find their daughter

Disappointed: on the eve of the third anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance, Gerry and Kate McCann say police should be doing more to solve the case

'That really upset me because I thought I don't want her to think that Madeleine is at fault. So, probably about the third time she asked when we were at home, we just explained that someone had taken Madeleine.

'But we tried to make them understand in as gentle a way as possible. It's a bit like stealing, you know? That's how the understand it.


Madeleine McCann (bottom right) pictured with her parents Gerry and Kate McCann and twins Amelie (bottom left) and Sean

'So they know someone has taken her and they know it is wrong.'

Mrs McCann's heartbreaking comments come on the day the couple accused British police of 'giving up' on their missing daughter.

The McCanns, both 41, spoke out just days before the third anniversary of Maddie's disappearance, urging investigators to go back to the start and review the case.

They fear their own £2million search - funded by public donations received since Maddie vanished from their Algarve holiday apartment - has stalled.

Madeleine McCann

Madeleince McCann: The couple spoke out just days before the third anniversary of her disappearance

They claim this is due to the failure of both Portuguese and UK police to investigate leads unearthed by their private investigators.

In a pre-recorded GMTV interview due to be broadcast today, Mr McCann said: 'It's not right that an innocent, vulnerable British citizen is essentially given up on. And I don't think it's right that, as parents, that we have to drive the search.'

He added: 'We need to have a proper review of all the information - that's how we will move the investigation forward.'

Mrs McCann, a GP who gave up work to concentrate on the search for Madeleine, said: 'We do this in medicine. You know, if there is a case that you don't seem to be getting the diagnosis, somebody will come in and review it. They'll go back to square one... and that's where you find out what else needs to be done and it will help point you in the right direction.'

Leicestershire Police have carried out their own inquiries, as has the taxpayer-funded Child Exploitation and On-Line Protection Centre. But neither is actively seeking the little girl.

The three-year saga has already cost UK taxpayers nearly £500,000.

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said it was 'incredibly frustrating' that police in Portugal and the UK are not doing more to find Maddie, who was three when she disappeared from the holiday complex at Praia da Luz on the evening of May 3, 2007.

The McCanns were criticised for leaving the girl and their twins Sean and Amelie, then two, alone in the apartment while they dined with friends at a tapas restaurant 40 yards away.

In the latest interview, Mr McCann, a consultant cardiologist, said that if they could go back, they would not leave Maddie alone.

Read more:



Admin says: I've never been able to shake off my suspicions about Gerry & Kate McCann. They are such an odd couple - their behaviour after Madeleine disappeared was not, in my opinion, the way you woud expect parents to react over a missing child. I believe that these two are fame hungry, and have wallowed in the media attention that they have actively sought since their daughter disappeared. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my words, but everything always comes out in the end, and the truth about what really happened to Madeleine Mccann is no different.

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #41 

Young mother goes blind 'after doctors diagnose deadly brain condition as headache - SIX times'

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 1:15 PM on 28th April 2010

A young mother has gone virtually blind after NHS doctors diagnosed her with headaches six times - missing the fact she had a potentially fatal build up of fluid on the brain.

It was only when Rachel Mulhall, 19, went to see a private consultant that her condition was diagnosed.

The delay in diagnosis has cost Ms Mulhall 80 per cent of her sight which doctors say may never return, according to the mother-of-one.

Rachel Mulhall

Rachel Mulhall has gone virtually blind after NHS doctors diagnosed her deadly brain condition as headaches

Ms Mulhall first went to see her GP last July after developing a headache which she says felt like something 'crushing' her head.

She saw a further five medics over the next month at Medlock Vale Medical Practice in Droylsden, Greater Manchester, Tameside Hospital and Manchester Royal Infirmary, all of whom diagnosed headaches and sent her home. 

In desperation her parents arranged for her to see a private consultant at the Alexandra Hospital in Cheadle, Manchester.

On the same day Ms Mulhall, whose vision had been deteriorating for days, woke up completely blind.

'My vision started to go a bit grey and blurry and I was being sick,' said Ms Mulhall, who is mother to one-year-old Morgan.

'I could just see objects but I couldn't see colour. I couldn't see the TV, I couldn't use my phone.

'I was trying to say something and my speech was coming out all slurred and different words were coming out.

'We knew there was something wrong so we rang a private doctor. That was the day Morgan woke me up crying and I was totally blind.

'I could hear her but I couldn't see where she was. I had to feel my way to my front door and to my neighbour next door and she rang my dad.'

Doctors diagnosed a life-threatening build up of fluid on the brain and said if she had not been operated on within a couple of days she could have been left permanently blind, brain-damaged or even dead.

It is still not known what caused the build-up but the pressure on her brain had caused papilloedema or swelling of the optic nerve. 

Ms Mulhall, from Droylsden, Manchester, says the delay has cost her 80 per cent of her sight which doctors say may never return.

She also had a shunt fitted during the operation which she will have inside her for life to drain fluid from her brain and spine. 

She said: 'I was just worrying and panicking about what was happening but the doctor at the Alexandra knew there was something wrong straight away.

'They gave me a brain scan because they thought I had a tumour and that's when I was told to be at Hope Hospital for an operation the next morning.'

Mother Karen, who had to move in with Ms Mulhall last July, said she felt let down by the NHS.

'She was screaming in pain and it was just so frustrating that no one was listening to us,' she said.

'It's been really traumatic and I do feel really let down.

'I just want to say to other people that if anyone is getting headaches daily they should go and see someone.'

A joint statement from Tameside Hospital and the primary care trust said: 'We are sorry for Rachel's experiences.

'We would urge Rachel to contact her health providers directly so we can look into the details of her care.'

An MRI spokesman said the hospital had not received a complaint from the family and urged them to get in touch to discuss their concerns.

Read more:

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,731
Reply with quote  #42 

Murder case still open — 150 years on
The brutal murder of a Perthshire woman nearly 150 years ago is Scotland’s oldest unsolved killing, records released under Freedom of Information legislation show (writes Kirsten Johnson).
Tayside Police revealed investigations into Janet Henderson’s death at Mount Stewart Farm near Forgandenny in 1866 were officially ongoing — despite all potential witnesses being dead.

The 50-year-old’s mutilated body was discovered lying in a pool of blood in the kitchen of her brother William Henderson’s home.

Janet had been helping out at the farm while her brother sought new servants, according to police records.

An autopsy report held at the National Archives of Scotland reveals the woman had been struck repeatedly on the head and face with a small axe-like weapon.

Newspapers across the UK initially carried descriptions of a tramp reportedly seen leaving the scene and a reward of £100 was posted for anyone who could offer information that might lead to a conviction.

A number of men were detained by police in the early stages of the investigation and ploughman James Crichton was subsequently charged with murder, but a trial at Perth the following year found the case not proven.

A spokesman for Tayside Police said, “Unresolved murders are never closed. In addition, they are the subject of periodic review in an effort to identify new evidence and are also reviewed in light of scientific and forensic advances. This ensures every possible effort is made to trace the offender in each case.”

In total, police forces across Scotland are investigating 77 unsolved murders. These include some notorious killings, such as those in Glasgow in the 1960s by the man known as Bible John.

Most forces have records dating back only to 1975, when the current force structure was established, but Tayside Police have two from before the world war one.

Jean Milne’s body was discovered in a house in Broughty Ferry in 1912. The wealthy 65-year-old had been stabbed several times. Her former partner was arrested but released when his alibi checked out.


Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #43 

Road rage motorist 'killed cyclist in revenge for clipping his wing mirror'

By Fay Schlesinger
Last updated at 12:49 AM on 29th April 2010

Sean Fitzgerald

Driver: Sean Fitzgerald outside Warwick Crown Court where he is charged with  ramming his car into a cyclist

A cyclist was knocked down and killed by an enraged motorist after he accidentally clipped the driver’s wing mirror, a court heard yesterday.

Sean Fitzgerald allegedly used his car to chase Paul Webb for 300 yards before mounting a pavement and ramming into his mountain bike in a revenge attack.

Prosecutors said Fitzgerald ‘used his car like a weapon’ to ‘catapult’ Mr Webb’s bicycle 25 yards into the air before fleeing the scene of the crash and leaving his victim for dead.

Mr Webb, 42, who lived with his girlfriend of 11 years, died of massive internal injuries at the roadside.

Fitzgerald, a father of two, was later seen hosing down the front of his silver Ford Focus before driving it to a mechanic for repair hours after the crash, Warwick Crown Court was told.

James Burbidge QC, prosecuting, told the court Mr Webb was targeted after he knocked into Fitzgerald’s wing mirror while passing between the car and the kerb in a queue of traffic in Coventry on April 16 last year.

He said: ‘The defendant’s car had stopped directly behind a bin lorry which was on the road. Mr Webb cycled close to Mr Fitzgerald’s car and damaged the wing mirror.

Mr Webb cycled on to the pavement and was shaking his right arm as if it was hurt.

‘Mr Fitzgerald pursued Mr Webb and there was a collision. We say that was a deliberate act by Mr Fitzgerald. In effect Mr Fitzgerald pursued Mr Webb using his car as a weapon.’

Mr Webb was returning to the Coventry home he shared with Nadia Wazera, 27, after finishing a morning shift at a Co-op warehouse in nearby Keresley at 2pm.

The court heard there was a brief altercation after Mr Webb knocked Fitzgerald’s wing mirror and cycled off. 

Fitzgerald, 36, allegedly pursued Mr Webb for 70 yards along the road before opening his car door to confront him. 

But Mr Webb cycled off again and Fitzgerald caught up with him once more before ramming into the back of his bike, it was alleged.

Mr Burbidge said: ‘Mr Webb was catapulted back into the windscreen before being catapulted again into a set of wheelie bins and then a garden wall.’

Passers-by saw the force of the impact send Mr Webb’s mountain bike flying before landing 25 yards away, the court heard.

Paul Webb

Killed: Paul Webb died of massive internal injuries in Coventry

Bin man Brian Butler, who heard Mr Webb bump into the wing mirror, told the court: ‘The silver car [driven by Fitzgerald] zipped past us.

'He wanted to chase him. He wasn’t going to let the cyclist get away.

‘When we got up the hill I could see a smashed bike and I stood up in the cab and said: "**** me, he’d got him”. I couldn’t believe this was all over a wing mirror.

‘The cyclist was lying across the pavement with his eyes open. There was no life in him at all. It was very upsetting.’

Mr Webb died at the scene despite attempts to revive him. Fitzgerald drove back to his home and asked his neighbour if they knew anyone who could repair the car, the jury was told.

Mr Burbidge said: ‘A neighbour saw the defendant with a watering hose bending down by the nearside of the car. We say he was attempting to remove evidence of what he had done.'

Fitzgerald, a factory worker, handed himself in to police and admitted colliding with Mr Webb.

He denies one charge of murder and another of causing death by dangerous driving.

After Mr Webb’s death, Miss Wazera paid tribute to her partner, who moved from Liverpool to Coventry in 2002.

She said: ‘Paul was a hard-working man, a home lover who loved his cat Drew and was a keen football supporter.

‘He was a down-to-earth guy who was happy with the simple things in life – football, spaghetti bolognese, take-outs and nights in front of the TV.’

The trial continues.

Read more:

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #44 

Baby boy survives for two days after botched late-term abortion

By Simon Caldwell
Last updated at 9:04 AM on 29th April 2010

A baby boy abandoned by doctors to die after a botched abortion was found to be still alive the next morning and died the following day.

The 22-week infant later died in intensive care at a hospital in the mother's home town of Rossano in southern Italy.

The case has reignited controversy on the legality of abortion in the devoutly Roman Catholic country.

Tragedy: The baby died in the southern Italian city of Rossano

Tragedy: The baby died in the southern Italian city of Rossano

It could also raise questions in Britain over the legal lower limits for abortion and the ability of a foetus to survive outside the womb.

The mother, pregnant for the first time, had opted for an abortion after pre-natal scans suggested her baby was disabled.

But the infant survived the termination, carried out on Saturday in the Rossano Calabria hospital, and was left by doctors to die.

He was discovered alive the following day - some 20 hours after the operation - by Father Antonio Martello, the hospital chaplain who had gone to pray beside his body.

He found that the baby, wrapped in a sheet with his umbilical cord still attached, was moving.

The priest raised the alarm and doctors immediately arranged for the infant to be taken to a specialist neo-natal unit at a neighbouring hospital where he died on Monday.

Italian police are investigating the case for 'homicide', as the law in Italy imposes an obligation on doctors to try to preserve the life of a child if he or she survives an abortion.

Italian health minister Eugenia Roccella said an inquiry would be held

Inspection: Health minister Eugenia Roccella said an inquiry will be held

The Italian government is also considering an inquiry into the conduct of the hospital staff.

A spokesman for the British-based ProLife Alliance said: 'There cannot be anybody in the world who is not horrified by a story like this.'

Most abortions at 22 weeks involve the induction of the birth, normally resulting in the death of a foetus.

Since 1978 abortion has been available in Italy in the first trimester but is restricted to specific circumstances, such as disability, in the second.

The government is considering a review of the working of the laws.

The legal upper limit for abortion in the UK is 24 weeks.

In 2005, a baby boy in Manchester was born alive at 24 weeks after surviving three attempts to abort him. He is now a five-year-old schoolboy.

Eugenia Roccella, the Italian sub-secretary of Health, said that the Ministry of Health will send its inspectors to the hospital to ensure that the case is effectively addressed and to verify that respect has been shown for the law that 'prohibits abortion when there is the possibility of an autonomous life for the foetus'.

She said the child's death represented a 'grave case of therapeutic abandonment of a very premature newborn... an act against the sense of human pity but also against all ethics of medical practice'

The case is causing uproar in Italy because it is the second involving a foetus of that age surviving the procedure in just  three years.

The other involved a baby in Florence who weighed just 17oz when he was aborted at 22 weeks because of a suspected genetic disorder – but lived for three days.

Read more:



Admin says: I don't particularly agree in abortion - in fact I don't, although I'll admit that there are some rare cases whereby it is perhaps the best option -moreso for the baby than the parents. But this? It's disgusting. Children are hard work, perhaps the hardest job in the world, but what sort of mother chooses to abort her child because a scan detects an abnormality?

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,165
Reply with quote  #45 

Three-year-old boy arrested as suspected terrorist in France

By Peter Allen
Last updated at 10:58 AM on 29th April 2010 


Arrest: A three-year-old boy has been detained on suspicion of terrorism with his father in France (file photo)

A three-year-old was arrested as a suspected terrorist and held at a French police station for more than two hours, it emerged today.

The child – identified only as Daniel – is the son of an illegal immigrant from the Paris suburb of Juvisy.

Last Thursday the pair were arrested as they returned to their car after visiting a leisure centre.

Police officer claimed they were carrying out routine vehicle checks before arrested both father and son.

They were taken to Juvisy Police Station where, after 20 minutes, they were split up.

The father, who is from a North African background, was questioned about links to radical groups possibly linked to Islamic terrorism. Both he and Daniel were formally placed under investigation.

Daniel’s mother then arrived at the station and Daniel was finally released after two hours,  but local social services said he was in a ‘severely traumatised state after his ordeal.’

A spokesman said: ‘He can’t sleep and he’s crying constantly. He’s a terrified little boy. The whole thing has been an absolute nightmare for him.’


Juvisy police station, in the Paris suburb of Juvisy, where Daniel and his father were held

Representatives of the RESF (Réseau Education Sans Frontières), a charity which campaigns for the rights of foreign children without official papers, visited the police station for an explanation but were told to leave.

They claimed that detectives had broken articles nine and 37 of the International Convention of Children’s Rights which stipulate that a child should not be separated from his parents, and that no child should be deprived of his liberty in an arbitrary manner.

A Juvisy police spokesman said: ‘This matter is being dealt with. We have no further comment to make.’

Read more:



Admin says: As if arresting a 3 year old isn't ridiculous enough, what I want to know is, how the hell can they seriously expect to get any coherent answers from a child that is only learning to speak, without running the risk of implicating Bob The Builder, Barney & Pingu???

I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I am not".
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.