The Ferris Conspiracy Forum
Sign up  |   |   |  Calendar

  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 167
Reply with quote  #16 

Just broke the news tae the lads up in HMP Noranside, heard a big cheer in the background when Sandy Richie broke the news to them all. lol


Avatar / Picture

Posts: 38
Reply with quote  #17 
There's a gentleman that's goin underground 
Turning the plot upside down Stool Pigeon - ha-cha-cha-cha
He's an old ex-snitch that's passed away Now he's dead, lost his face,
Stool Pigeon - ha-cha-cha-cha
If you wanna squeal, said the SDEA We can make a deal, make it 
worth your while
So he told it all and in return
He got a credit card and a license to burn
And the maximum security
Even after plastic surgery  So go on and squeal, said the SDEA
We can make a deal, make it worth your while
There WAS a rat that's going round Turning the joint upside 
down Stool Pigeon - ha-cha-cha-cha
He's an old ex-snitch that's passed away Now he's dead, lost his face,
Stool Pigeon - ha-cha-cha-cha
After all the talk then they wired him
And he took a walk with his crooked friends
And they joked about the good old days
And he recorded it on a reel of tape
He caught all the mugs who did the drugs
And the babe in charge of bugs
So the SDEA they rewarded him Because they like a guy who will 
stab a friend
There's a rat that's going round Turning the joint upside 
down Stool Pigeon - ha-cha-cha-cha
He's an old ex-snitch that's passed away Now he's dead, lost his face
Stool Pigeon - ha-cha-cha-cha
There's a rat that's going round ....If you wanna squeal, 
said the SDEA We can make a deal, make it worth your while
So he told it all and in return He got a credit card and a 
license to burn  He got a spanking new immunity
And a bungalow down in Vernon way He bought a plane, a boat and 
jewelry But he couldn't buy any company
There was a rat  going round ....
Now he will be six feet down ....
Stool Pigeon - ha-cha-cha-cha
bada boo daba man (Bitch Mix)

Well Wadda Ya Know?

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 3,731
Reply with quote  #18 


Posts: N/A
Reply with quote  #19 
bada boo daba man (Bitch Mix)  

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 1,601
Reply with quote  #20 

May you roast in eternal hell you F*****G cockroach!!

Judge yourself before judging others.

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 61
Reply with quote  #21 

The Daily Record says that the 'binman' McCartney was consoling 'i'll name them awe, McGraws' wife probably emptying the bins......


Avatar / Picture

Posts: 8,395
Reply with quote  #22 

Gangster reign of The Licensee brought to end by heart attack...

TAM McGraw, the notorious gangster who built a multi-million-pound fortune from drug-dealing and extortion, died from a heart attack yesterday, opening up a potential power vacuum in the Glasgow underworld.

McGraw, 55, who went by the nickname The Licensee, was reportedly found dead in bed at his bungalow yesterday afternoon.

Despite being linked to a list of crimes and named as a key figure in the infamous Ice Cream Wars in Glasgow's East End in the 1980s, McGraw had not been convicted of an offence for more than two decades.

He was acquitted of the attempted murder of a police officer in 1978 and drug-smuggling charges were found not proven in 1998. Crime was estimated to have netted him £20 million.

Yesterday a Scottish Ambulance Service spokesman confirmed: "At 2pm, we received a call to assist a collapsed male at an address in Mount Vernon." McGraw was confirmed dead on arrival at Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

McGraw's death is surprising only in that it was from natural causes, for as one of the kingpins of Glasgow's underworld, his life was defined by violence and crime. Through threats and intimidation, he maintained an almost unassailable position from Glasgow's days of street gang notoriety in the Sixties through to its rebirth as a cosmopolitan tourist hotspot.

Known as one of the country's top five crime bosses, McGraw was brought up in the city's tough east end estates during the 1960s.

Like most gangland figures, he started out in petty crime and gang fights and spent time in approved schools and borstals, where he developed his contacts with the criminal underworld. It was only during the 1970s that McGraw took his first real step into serious organised crime when he was recruited into the Barlanark, or Bar-L, Team, which specialised in armed robberies across Scotland.

Despite being captured and arrested during a botched robbery at a nightclub that resulted in him being charged with attempted murder, McGraw evaded prison. He became known as untouchable - by criminal rivals and the police - fuelling speculation that he was an informant. The charge was always denied by Strathclyde Police.

He graduated from armed robbery to build a huge empire based on large-scale drug dealing and extortion, establishing bases in Tenerife and Ireland, and toppling old Arthur Thomson, the "Godfather" and Glasgow's previous crime lord.

It was suspected that even McGraw's legitimate interests in property, taxis and security firms were used to launder the proceeds of his drug deals.

In 1998, he walked free from court having been accused of masterminding a Europe-wide cannabis smuggling ring, following a 58-day trial. Three others were sentenced to a total of 24 years in prison.

His escape from justice led other gangland figures to label him a police informant and it was this - as well as ownership of many Glasgow pubs - that earned his nickname, as he was seen as being licensed to commit crimes anywhere and at any time.

Paul Ferris, a rival gangster who now insists he has gone straight, claimed in his autobiography that McGraw was backed by corrupt police officers, who passed on confiscated drugs which he then sold on the streets.

They were embroiled in a long- running feud and Ferris believed that his former partner in crime had tried to set him up on criminal charges on several occasions.

Mystery shrouds McGraw's role in the city's so-called Ice Cream Wars, which involved the murder of six members of the Doyle family, who died in a house fire in Ruchazie in 1984.

TC Campbell, who had his conviction for the killings quashed, said on his release from jail that McGraw was responsible for the deaths. But a fresh police investigation was never launched.

Though feared throughout the city, McGraw had a brush with death in 2002 when he was stabbed several times in daylight not far from his home. He escaped with minor wounds, it was claimed, because he was wearing a bullet-proof vest.

Following the attack, many believed McGraw had retired from the criminal life to his Spanish villa. Whether his death sparks a vicious new battle to adopt his crown has yet to be seen.


TAM McGraw was linked to the infamous Ice Cream Wars in Glasgow's east end in the 1980s.

Ostensibly a battle between rival ice cream van operators for lucrative territories, it was, in reality, a bloody feud between gangs who used the vans to sell drugs.

Violence and intimidation saw the viciousness of the conflict escalate - with rival vendors raiding each other's vans and firing shotguns into rivals' windscreens.

At the time, the police force was lambasted by the public for failing to deal with the escalating trouble, earning them the nickname the "serious chime squad" from locals.

The conflict culminated in the revenge murder of six members of the Doyle family in a blaze on a housing estate.

Andrew Doyle, an 18-year-old ice cream van driver, had resisted attempts to force him to distribute drugs or give up his run.

The ensuing court case saw Thomas 'TC' Campbell and Joe Steele convicted of their murders and jailed for life.

In high-profile campaigns both men protested their innocence.

But it was not until 2004 , and their third appeal, that the convictions were quashed.

The ruling at the Court of Criminal Appeal in Edinburgh found the men were victims of a miscarriage of justice.

The TRUTH is out there...........

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 19
Reply with quote  #23 
"a senior police insider said last night: "I didn't think he had a heart.""

I liked this quote even if it was one of his pals making it

revolution is the birth of equality

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 9,107
Reply with quote  #24 

Originally Posted by illuminati
"a senior police insider said last night: "I didn't think he had a heart.""

I liked this quote even if it was one of his pals making it

Hi most probably one the cops who never agreed with what he did? Good quote all the same


Avatar / Picture

Posts: 9,107
Reply with quote  #25 
The once feared LicenseeThomas McGraw

SCOTLAND'S most notorious gangster, Tam "The Licensee" McGraw, was found dead in his bed of a heart attack yesterday.

But a senior police insider said last night: "I didn't think he had a heart."

Another source added: "McGraw has been responsible for hurting and killing countless people.

"No one would have ever thought he would die of natural causes."

Gangland sources expect a spate of turf wars to break out as gangsters fight it out for control of McGraw's lucrative rackets.

An underworld insider said: "McGraw's death will open up a can of worms.

"People will be looking to lay a claim on his empire before the dust has been allowed to settle."

Few will shed tears for McGraw, a callous, tight-fisted villain who built his £30million empire on the misery caused by drugs.

One of his most bitter gangland enemies, former associate John Healy, threw a party to celebrate his death last night at a bar in Glasgow's east end.

McGraw, 55, complained to wife Margaret on Sunday night that he was not feeling well.

The chain-smoking crime lord was booked in for a check-up at a private hospital later yesterday.

But his wife walked into their bedroom at around 2.30pm and found him lying cold and lifeless.

Frantic Margaret called an ambulance when she could not wake her husband. Paramedics told her he was dead.

McGraw's body was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

Margaret was being comforted last night by McGraw's lieutenant, John "Joker" McCartney.

Associates of McGraw blamed his heavy smoking for his early death.

One underworld source said: "Tam must have smoked about 60 fags a day.

"He'd finish one fag and light another one straight away.

"He didn't really have a drink. When he did it was only lager and it was never a great deal.

"He never touched any drugs. The cigarettes were what he couldn't leave alone."

McGraw took over as Glasgow's Godfather after the death of crime lord Arthur Thompson, who also died in bed from a heart attack.

Despite his power, he was held in contempt by fellow-crooks as a police informer. He was known as The Licensee because his rivals believed he had a licence from the police to commit crimes.

Apart from a drink-driving charge in 2005, McGraw had not been convicted of a single offence in 20 years.

He was acquitted of the attempted murder of a police officer in 1978. And he walked free on a not proven verdict in 1988 after being charged with smuggling cannabis from Spain in a youth football team's minibus.

For all McGraw's reputation as a "grass", cops hated him just as much as his gangland enemies.

One high-level police source said: "I'm shocked to learn that he died of a heart attack. I've known him for many years and I didn't think he had a heart.

"Take it from me, many police officers will be raising a glass and toasting his death this evening."

McGraw ruled by fear but was derided by enemies as a coward.

He was terrified of assassination, and his plush £400,000 home in Mount Vernon, Glasgow, was heavily fortified against attack.

But despite his reputation, one local resident described him as a great neighbour.

The man said: "I never had any problems with him and he would always stop and chat with me."

McGraw began his crime career as a small-time thief in the east end. He had few friends and was not known as a fighter, but his ruthless-ness and love of money soon drove him up the criminal ladder.

He became a leading member of the Barlanark Team, a notorious gang of armed robbers.

But his empire really began to grow when he moved into the drugs trade. He started out by peddling cannabis, then moved into heroin and cocaine.

McGraw played a leading role in the notorious Ice Cream Wars, where rival gangs battled one another for the right to sell heroin from ice cream vans.

Scotland was horrified in 1984 when the wars claimed the lives of six members of one family, the Doyles, who perished in an arson attack on their home.

TC Campbell, a former Barlanark Team colleague of McGraw, and small-time crook Joe Steele were jailed for life for the murders. But the pair had their convictions quashed in 2004. Campbell later blamed McGraw for the attack.

In 2002, McGraw attacked Campbell, who was on bail pending an appeal for the Doyle murders, with a golf club in the street.

Although McGraw led a charmed life himself, three of his most trusted associates were not so lucky.

Trevor Lawson was mowed down and killed by a car in revenge for the deaths of Bobby Glover and Joe Hanlon, who had themselves been killed in retaliation for the murder of Arthur Thompson's son Arthur jnr.

Gordon Ross was stabbed to death outside his local, The Shieling Bar, after creating havoc in the pubs and clubs of the east end.

Billy McPhee became McGraw's No2 after the deaths of Lawson and Ross, but he too met a grisly end. He was stabbed 27 times while watching a rugby international in a pub.

As his empire grew, McGraw branched out into legitimate business, including pubs, private hire taxis and property.

But drugs remained his biggest earner. And as the trade became more violent, he felt more under pressure than ever before.

In 2004, he survived a gun attack at the Royal Oak pub in Nitshill by diving under a pool table as the hitman opened fire.

Joker McCartney and another McGraw associate, Craig Devlin, were wounded. McGraw bundled them into his car and drove them to casualty, commandeering a police escort on the way.

The next year, McGraw, again armed with a golf club, attacked another of his many enemies, Paul Ferris.

Ferris, a former enforcer for Arthur Thompson, had been a close ally of McGraw. But the pair fell out bitterly as they struggled for control of the Thompson empire.

McGraw's house was deserted for several hours after his death. People driving past slowed down to get a look at the Godfather's lair.

At around 6.30pm, a Mercedes and two BMWs drew up at the house and about a dozen people made their way inside. A man in his 20s shouted obscenities at our reporter when he asked the group to comment.


Avatar / Picture

Posts: 9,107
Reply with quote  #26 
Part twa

TAM McGRAW was both tight-fisted and ruthless - a combination that helped him rise from petty thief to millionaire gangster.

He had the ability to make others do his bidding through fear. He was also highly organised and paid close attention to detail.

And crucially, he was believed to operate his criminal empire through collusion with other gangsters and an understanding with top cops, who came to rely on the information he gave them as a Glasgow supergrass.

That was where his nickname, The Licensee, came from - not his ownership of a notorious east end pub.

McGraw - whose kept his real name, McGrow, a secret - was born in 1952 and was involved in stealing and low-level crime by the time he hit his teens.

Shop-lifting, housebreaking and working an angle whenever the chance arose soon brought him a reputation and he hung around with older boys than himself, who took him under their wing.

But McGraw had an innate ruthlessness that set him apart from other petty crooks.

He entered the world of organised crime through the infamous Bar-L Team, a mob of armed robbers who terrorised Scottish post offices in the Seventies.

The gang were reputed to employ military precision in planning their raids, evading capture for years.

McGraw gained his reputation as a police informer after a bungled raid on a social club outside Glasgow.

He was arrested after a police chase but the charges were mysteriously dropped and he was released from police custody.

There were rumours that McGraw was an informant for the Serious Crime Squad, supplying information on his underworld associates in exchange for police protection for his own illegal activities.

In 1978, he was arrested for the attempted murder of a policeman - but again, he walked free.

The case went to trial but McGraw was found not guilty.

The 1980s heralded a new phase in McGraw's operations, bringing business interests to his portfolio and a property empire that included pubs and flats.

He had a lavish holiday home in Tenerife and was reported to have interests in an apartment complex there, although his affairs were often obscured by the his use of front men for his dodgy deals.

He also ran a taxi firm, reckoned to be a front for laundering the cash he made from crooked enterprises.

His more loyal associates claim The Licensee got his nickname when he acquired the rundown El Paso bar in Glasgow's tough Barlanark area.

Renamed The Caravel, it did a roaring trade until it was mysteriously razed to the ground overnight in 1996.

The hasty demolition job was carried out to erase evidence of a brutal gangland execution of Bobby Glover and Joe Hanlon. But McGraw's real cash came through his drug deals, which involved buying large consignments and breaking them down to sell to small-time pushers on the streets of Glasgow.

He was a friend and ally of loyalist terror chief Johnny "Mad Dog" Adair.

Both men were deeply involved in the drug trade between Scotland and Ulster, and McGraw offered Adair and his thugs hospitality in his fortified Glasgow home.

Despite his fearsome reputation, McGraw was not regarded as a typical hardman.

His power lay in his ability to persuade other crooks with "psycho" reputations to back him up. During his long criminal career, McGraw saw many of his pals and henchmen killed and friendships transformed into bitter conflicts.

One of the two men jailed then cleared of the 1984 "Ice Cream Murders" claimed McGraw was behind the deaths of six members of the Doyle family.

Tommy "TC" Campbell accused McGraw of instigating a 20-year campaign to ensure he stayed in jail for the killings.

He also claimed McGraw's henchmen made attempts on his life.

A former stalwart associate of McGraw's, Hanlon, was the victim of the most infamous murder in Glasgow's gangland history. He and his pal Glover were blasted to death in a reprisal killing over the violent death of Arthur Thompson Jnr, son of feared crime boss Arthur Thompson.

Paul Ferris, once a close ally, became a sworn enemy who mocked McGraw in his books recently. He claims McGraw gave police information that led to him being jailed. Ferris himself began his criminal career as an enforcer for the notorious Thompson family.

But he fell out with Thompson Snr and was charged with the murder of his son, known as "Fat Boy", in 1991.

Ferris was acquitted of the murder but while he was on remand, Glover and Hanlon were shot dead in what is widely believed to have been a revenge shooting.

In September 2002, Gordon Ross, 37 - a pal from the days of the Barlanark Team - was fatally stabbed.

Next to die was McGraw's enforcer Billy McPhee, 38, who was knifed to death in a Glasgow pub a year later.

McGraw's lieutenant, 32-year-old Trevor Lawson, was mowed down and killed on a motorway last year as he fled a rumpus in a Stirlingshire pub.

McGraw first came to the public consciousness when he was arrested and charged with drug smuggling in 1998. He and his brother-in-law John Healy's drugs ring - which involved a mini-bus used to take a boys' football team to Spain - was smashed by cops who seized £263,000.

McGraw and Healy, along with Lawson, Ross, McPhee and half a dozen others, were indicted at the High Court in Edinburgh.

McGraw walked free from the trial after a not proven verdict. His other lieutenants escaped jail too.

But Healy was caged for 10 years and a simmering feud is thought to have existed betwen the two ever since.

In 2002, McGraw was allegedly knifed in the Rutherglen Road area of the Gorbals. The incident was not reported to the police and McGraw declined to give them a statement.

After Paul Ferris was released from a jail term for gun-running, the two had a violent confrontation that saw McGraw hit his former associate with a golf club.

The claims and counter-claims surrounding McGraw's actual crimes have made it impossible to lay them down on paper accurately.

The waters have been muddied through gangster pride and boasts.

And for every associate of McGraw's to talk of his fearless exploits, there have been rivals to label him a grass and a coward.

'He had the ability to make others do his bidding through fear alone'


Avatar / Picture

Posts: 9,107
Reply with quote  #27 
Saga 3


GANGSTERS are hunting a computer which holds the key to Tam McGraw's millions.

The old-style laptop has information on £15million worth of assets belonging to the late crime lord known as " The Licensee".

Information on other gangsters' hidden assets is also detailed on the laptop, which belonged to McGraw associate Stuart "Speccy" Boyd.

The computer has been missing since Boyd was killed in a fireball road crash in Spain's Costa del Sol four years ago.

McGraw - who died at home in Glasgow of a heart attack on Monday - and other underworld figures had trusted Boyd to launder their substantial assets abroad.

But after his death, the laptop went missing, leaving the criminals unable to get at their money.

It is thought one of Boyd's old henchmen has it.

Details of Boyd's own dealings were also included on the computer, along with the business of at least two other major gangland figures, including security boss Paul Johnston.

Johnston - boss of Osiris Security - and his wife Marie Healey issued threats in a bid to recover the computer after Boyd was killed on the "Costa del Crime".

A source said last night: "Irrespective of what some people thought of him, Boyd was very well thought of in some quarters and top figures - including McGraw - entrusted him to do their 'banking' for them.

"He got a lot of their money out for them and then managed to launder it while keeping forensic records of all the deals.

"But he died so suddenly and unexpectedly that no one really knew what happened to the computer.

"He did leave it to someone but who that is, is the £15million question. There are a lot of people asking, 'Where's the bloody laptop?'

"There has been a massive fall-out in the criminal underworld over this computer.

"Different individuals and different factions are blaming each other for its disappearance.

"But the bottom line is that no one is sure where it's gone since Boyd's death.

"He definitely made arrangements to leave it in the safe keeping of someone. But it has now disappeared from sight.

"Without the computer and the passwords and codes they can't get to their fortunes."

The source added that the missing computer was one of the reasons behind a spate of gangland shootings.

The feud involves Boyd's brothers, Eddie and Hugh, and John "Joker" McCartney - a former Boyd associate.

The insider added: "There's a lot of money involved.

"These people operate in a world where a life is worth only a few hundred pounds. Imagine what they would do to get their hands on this kind of money.

"It's reckoned that when the value of the properties owned by these people in Spain, Tenerife and north Africa are added to the other heritable assets and additional information on where funds have been spirited away, the total sums involved amount to £15million.

"This has had a lot to do with the various shootings in Glasgow over the last while.

"Different individuals believe they have been turned over by others and are looking for revenge.

"This has, in turn, sparked a series of tit-for-tat retaliations.

"But, at the end of the day, they are no closer to the computer, which has become the Holy Grail of the gangster world."

The computer only contains the details of some of McGraw's assets, which are reckoned to be worth a total of at least £30million.

Meanwhile, as Glasgow prepared for a renewed spate of gangland turf wars, top police officers were called in for summit talks yesterday.

Some senior detectives were recalled from leave to take part in a lunchtime meeting at the Pitt Street headquarters of Strathclyde Police.

They were given an intelligence update and discussed how to deal with the expected upsurge in violence in the wake of McGraw's death as rival factions seek to extablish their superiority.

As McGraw's associates mourned his death, it was revealed that paramedics fought in vain to save his life.

They had been called to the family home in Glasgow's Mount Vernon after McGraw, who had been feeling ill since the previous day, was found in bed by his wife.

A source who has seen the dead villain's body said: "There were paddle marks on his chest from where they gave him shock treatment.

"Medics also fired a dose of adrenaline straight into his heart in a bid to save him. But the heart attack was so massive that it was no use."

It is thought McGraw's funeral will take place on Friday or Saturday afternoon.

A source added: "It's a funeral a lot of people won't be able to go to for various reasons including their own safety.

"Not only will there be a police presence but someone might see it as an ideal opportunity to settle a score.

"But Tam had a lot of friends despite what some people said about him and it will be a huge turnout."


Posts: 242
Reply with quote  #28 

aw well what a pitty never mind, shame his ex wife wis to busy shaggin polis tae gee him mouth tae mouth

long live street justice

Avatar / Picture

Posts: 9,107
Reply with quote  #29 
Hi Ross Everyone to their own eh? 
Welcome to


Posts: 242
Reply with quote  #30 

hi mate hows it goin, sorry aboot the wee outburst, a just love the irony of a man you had so much material profit but was so paranoid and alone in his later life, someone who appeared to call all the shots while it was a well known that his own wife was playing away from home

long live street justice
Previous Topic | Next Topic

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.